Wednesday 25 July 2007

Swinter!

This has apparently been the wettest and coldest winter here in 30 years. That's great since it's also our second one in a row. We had autumn in LA, winter in LA, autumn here, winter here to be more accurate.
The winter here is normally supposed to be something like the winter in LA, which tiffany and I call "swinter", because it's somewhere between spring and a real winter, with some cloudy kinda cooler days interspersed with sunny warm days.

Today was beautiful, warm and sunny -- it got up to 21 Celsuis (yes this is system that world uses for temperature measurement, with one stubborn exception :) which is equivalent around 70 F. To celebrate I went on a new 5km jog (the link works in Google Earth. If you don't have it you should download it -- it's really cool).

PS I promise more photos soon, since I realise they're a lot more exciting than my weather observations to everyone except possibly my father :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow - I downloaded Google Earth and really enjoyed seeing where you are. It is very cold right now in Castro Valley - overcase (fog) and a little drizzle. Will not clearn until noon or after. Take a look at Pittville Road, McArthur, CA - this is where we hope to retire to by the end of the year.

love to you both

Aunt Sandy