Monday 2 July 2007

Utes

This is a "Ute":



It's like the El Camino never died here. Australians love them. I've seen lowered ones, ones with big rims on them, even one with a fin on the back.

I'm still waiting to get a photo of 2 of them together (2 Utes haha).
I don't get it personally, but I suppose even one with a fin is a lot less obnoxious than something like this:


Honestly though most people here just drive little sensible cars. I suppose with petrol the equivalent of over $4 USD a gallon you kind of have to. (although the US is catching up to that price as of late).
There are SUVs here but they are little ones, not the horrible gigantic ones that ruled the streets of LA.
I'm happy to not have a car at all here to be honest. It's a nice change to be able to walk around the city and use subways, etc. We live very close to CBD (central business district, or "downtown"), so it's really easy to get around.

No comments: